InfoPrint Font Collection
The InfoPrint® Font Collection consists of character sets and Advanced Function Presentation™ (AFP™) code pages that let you print standard documents using familiar typefaces such as Helvetica, Times New Roman and Courier. The code pages allow you to print in more than 50 languages.
To support certain applications or low-resolution AFP/Intelligent Print Data Stream™ (IPDS™) printers that use raster fonts, the InfoPrint Font Collection also includes AFP raster fonts. AFP outline fonts, which are delivered as part of the InfoPrint Font Collection, can be substituted for raster fonts in certain situations to enable higher resolution output. In addition, the InfoPrint Font Collection provides WorldType fonts, which are TrueType/OpenType fonts that deliver the greatest flexibility for designing documents with exactly the appearance you want.
- Control the appearance of business communications
- Enhance the readability of business documents to increase impact and accessibility
- Draw attention to specific items, create emphasis and improve readers’ responsiveness to business communications
- Apply industry-standard TrueType/OpenType font technology to support Unicode data for globalisation of applications with a single font
- Improve print quality on high-resolution printers by using Advanced Function Presentation (AFP™) or TrueType/OpenType outline fonts instead of raster fonts
- A basic set of fonts in three technologies that can be used in creating Advanced Function Presentation™ (AFP™) applications:
- AFP raster fonts in 240 and 300 dots per inch
- AFP outline fonts
- TrueType/Open Type fonts
Continue to utilise applications that specify raster fonts, and low-resolution printers that use raster fonts. Improve output quality with the use of AFP outline fonts. Simplify your migration to TrueType/OpenType technology by working with a starter set of fonts.
Compatibility with our software
Improve print quality on high-resolution printers by using AFP or TrueType/OpenType outline fonts instead of raster fonts. Software solutions such as InfoPrint Manager and InfoPrint ProcessDirector, and newer 600- or 1200 dots-per-inch printers, can help automatically substitute equivalent AFP outline fonts for raster fonts if there is an outline font by the same name as the raster font.
Minimum hardware requirements:
IBM® System p or x servers capable of running InfoPrint Manager or InfoPrint ProcessDirector.
The InfoPrint Font Collection can be installed and used on any AIX, Windows or Linux system platform supported by current releases of InfoPrint Manager and InfoPrint ProcessDirector.